5 spring cleaning projects to take on immediately
* Clear the clutter. Removing excess clutter is a great cleaning tip any time of year, but finishing this task when the weather was colder may not have been as tempting. Tackle your home room by room and analyze the items you find. If you havent used something in a year or more, its time for it to go.
* Freshen up the floors. After a season of tracking dirt, snow and mud, your floors could use some attention. If the damage is minor, a thorough vacuuming will do the trick. If the wear and tear is more significant, you may need a more comprehensive solution. If you have carpet, renting a carpet cleaner allows you to tackle the job yourself, saving you money over hiring a professional or purchasing your own machine. And if you have hardwood or tile floors, rent a floor buffer. Its the easiest way to give your floors back their shine in no time.
* Pretty it up with paint. The windows are open and a gentle breeze is moving air through your home. This is the right time to cross that painting project off your to-do list. Small painting projects can be handled with a single can and a brush, but for your larger painting endeavors, rent a paint sprayer. Its the best way to get an even, professional coat in a short amount of time so youre finished before the breeze dies down.
* Better the baseboards. Baseboards provide a stylish accent to any room in your home, but when theyre dirty, they stand out for all the wrong reasons. To clean them, start by vacuuming your baseboards and scrubbing each with a mixture of dish soap and warm water. Dry each with a towel before wiping them with a dryer sheet. This last step will help repel dust from landing on your baseboards. Plus, itll give your home a fresh scent.
* Vet the vents. One of the joys of warmer weather is the increase in fresh air that flows through your home as long as that air is clean. To improve the air quality in your home immediately, clean the vents. Dirt, hair, pollen and other debris collect there, so vacuum the vents out to remove particles from your air for good. Rent a wearable vacuum and youll make your reaching points easier without the complications of lugging a traditional model.
Apply some care and focus to these five spring cleaning tasks, and youll be happier with your home in the pleasant months ahead. To learn more about renting the tools you need for your spring cleaning projects, visit RentalHQ.com.
Questions? Comments? Ask Rick!
The content is developed from sources believed to be providing accurate information. The information in this material is not intended as tax or legal advice. It may not be used for the purpose of avoiding any federal tax penalties. Please consult legal or tax professionals for specific information regarding your individual situation. This material was developed and produced by radical promoting and their editorial staff based on the original articles written by jeff cutter in the falmouth enterprise. This article has been rewritten for Rick Durkeeand the readers of Rick's Weekly. The opinions expressed and material provided are for general information, and should not be considered a solicitation for the purchase or sale of any security.